USING THE SEARCH.
The search screen allows you to input criteria for searching all of our photos in the collection. There are a number of ways you can make searches:
- You can input a key word or sequence of words which appear in the Title, Parish or Description of the image
- You can use the name of any gallery:
- Agriculture, Buildings, Education, Events, Green Spaces
- Industry, People, Street Scene, or Transport
- You can refine this search to a particular year, for example
- 1910 – Events, which will display all images for the year 1910 in the Events gallery
If known, you can use the image ID which is displayed on each image – just type the four digit number.
- If you type in the word ‘Church’ in the search box and press the search symbol you will return images that contain the keyword ‘Church’.
- If you type in the words ‘St Luke’s Church’ in the search box and press the search symbol you will return images that contain that exact sequence of words only.